Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Week #48 -I'm Late!

Hi everyone... I'm sorry to the 10 of you that are weekly readers that this blog is coming out 3-4 days late. I usually write this while I'm at work and I was planning to start it last Wednesday, but there was a power outage at work and I sat in the dark from 7:30am till 11:30 when they finally let us leave if we chose to. Then I was out for Thanksgiving on Thursday and we get the day after as a holiday also. Then I had to some things to do over the weekend and I just didn't get to it, but I do apologize that this blog is so late and will be short.

So last Friday was what some people consider the biggest shopping day of the year. I have a little routine that I like to do, but it doesn't involve going out at 1:00 am and trying to find a $100 TV. I got up at about 8:00 and left shortly after that to go to the Rubber Chicken Comics 'Black Friday' sale. I picked up some cool stuff on deep discount and then had lunch at Subway. I have a little secret for you about Subway. They have a new 'Sriracha Chicken' sandwich that costs $7.00 for the footlong, however if you order the 'Oven Roasted' chicken sandwich you can have all the same items put on it as the special 'Sriracha' sandwich and it costs $1.00 less. The only difference is the chicken in the 'Sriracha' sandwich is cut up into small pieces and the 'Oven Roasted' sandwich is larger pieces of chicken.

All righty.... so after lunch at Subway, I made a few more stops including Walgreens where I bought 3 large jar candles (fake Yankee Candles) that were 3 for $9.99. I actually go to Walgreens for this sale every year. I also went made stops at Target, Walmart & Ocean State Job Lot, but I didn't really buy anything significant at those places. I went to the 5 Below store and bought a couple of small things and then made a trip to Providence to go to my favorite record store Armageddon Shop because they had 3 new releases on their label that came out on Friday.

That was pretty much the extent of my 'Black Friday' shopping and I didn't really do much else over the weekend. I did some shopping on 'Cyber Monday' but I'll save that for this weeks blog, which will be out in a few days! So on to the wrap up...

I got a paycheck for $613.82 and $39.12 went to my 401k. This was the last check of November so it should have been all for saving, but I'm trying to make sure I reach all my goals and have no big outstanding bills by the end of the year so I changed it up a little. I put $200.00 in my car savings account, $50.00 in my loan repayment account, $50.00 in my money market savings and the remaining $313.82 into my regular checking account to make sure I can pay my bills. I also did my $20.00 vacation transfer.

Here is the week 48 wrap up:
$39.12 to my 401K

$200.00 to my car account
$50.00 to my loan repayment account
$50.00 to my money market savings
$20.00 to my vacation fund


Which makes the 2013 totals:
$1694.48 in my 401K
$960.00 in the vacation fund
$109.90 in the piggy bank
$700.00 in the quarterly loan payment account
$288.87 in my vet bill savings
$2277.41 in my money market
$1877.40 in my car account








For this weeks bonus I just want to say that last week I had 2-3 different people tell me in person that they read and enjoy the blog. I know that represents 1/4 of the readers, but it was still nice to hear so thank you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment