Friday, November 22, 2013

Week #47 - Phoning It In...





Hi guys... I'm sad to say, but willing to admit that even though we are in the final countdown towards the end of the year I am totally phoning it in for this weeks blog. I've had a very stressful last month or so with lots going on and then this past weekend I was really sick so I don't have much to say.



I want to make sure I promote my friends and tell you that I was able to get an advance ticket for the Super Mega Fest (comiccon type thing) that is this weekend from my friends at Rubber Chicken Comics so I'll be at the 'Mega Fest'. Then next weekend the boys at Rubber Chicken are having their annual 'Black Friday Weekend' sale which includes INSANE deals on Black Friday and more great deals on the Saturday and Sunday so check out www.RubberChickenComics.com for more info.


This week I also designed a logo for a friends plumbing company so if you're in the Rhode Island area and you need a plumber I urge you to call either my friend Sarah at www.AnneThePlumber.com or my friend Greg at American Pride Plumbing & Heating (google it). Greg is the one I designed the logo for so hopefully you will see my design on his business card or promotional material soon.

I got a paycheck for $667.21 which is more than usual because I worked a couple of hours overtime last week. $42.79 went to my 401k, but with the exception of my $20.00 vacation transfer that will be the only saving I do this week. I'm going to tuck this check in my checkbook and use it to pay for my Christmas shopping, assuming I can come up with some ideas on what to get people. That's another thing I'm stressing about! Here's the wrap up...

Here is the week 47 wrap up:
$42.79 to my 401K

$20.00 to my vacation fund


Which makes the 2013 totals:
$1655.36 in my 401K
$940.00 in the vacation fund
$109.90 in the piggy bank
$650.00 in the quarterly loan payment account
$288.87 in my vet bill savings
$2227.41 in my money market
$1677.40 in my car account


Bonus...
I still have some saving to do to try and meet the goals I had set for each account balance, but I have 2 more checks that are potentially designated for 'saving' so hopefully I can meet those goals.

My mortgage is actually going down a little bit starting next month. I assume its because the insurance went down, but I'm not sure. Anyway, my plan is to continue to pay the same amount each month and have the additional money go toward the principle. It won't be much, but anything that pays down the principle of the loan is good.

I have a very short week next week because at my work we get both Thanksgiving and the day after as holidays. Then I have two weeks of vacation that I need to take before the end of the year. My plan is to take the last 2 weeks of the year (which includes 3 holidays) which should mean I get 19 straight days out of work. My last day will most likely be December 19th and I'll return on January 8th.

My wife recently reminded me that I didn't sell my old iPhone yet. I have no real explanation of it except that I feel like its worth more than I can get and there for I shouldn't sell it which makes NO sense what so ever... I'm crazy!

I've recently felt burned, taken advantage of, taken for granted and just generally treated shitty by some people lately. Its made me appreciate the friends that I have even more and helped me notice the things that may be small to some people, but are actually huge to me that some people actually do for me. So to the good people... thank you. To the shitheads... I may not be there the next time you need someone to use before you step over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment